Declare It Day
Be Your Own Kind of Strong.
It’s time to declare a goal that gets you feeling your very best and nudges you closer to your full potential. Declare It Day is our annual day of goal setting, with inspiration, motivation, accountability and support that has seen thousands of women step boldly into their unique story and reach incredible dreams.
This year, we are offering three different declarations, all celebrating aspects of our Strength flower.
Our She Kept Going Declaration is for the woman who’s survived some storms and ready to channel the resilience she’s built up along the way into a goal just for her.
Our Passion Unrelenting declaration draws from a line from our Strength flower. It invites you to consider where your strength and passion never cease, and encourages you to think about where it could take you!
The My Own Kind of Strong declaration celebrates your unique strength and encourages you on a path that others may not understand or even see, but that you know is just right for you.
Purchase a luxe printed declaration and have it delivered to you before Declare It Day, opt for a downloadable version or upgrade to a DID package filled with goodies from our Strength Collection. There are so many ways to celebrate: Explore all the options!
Want to know more about Declare It Day? Watch this video.
Here’s how to be a part of Declare It Day:
– Choose among our three declarations created for Declare It Day 2023. Pick whichever speaks to you and most closely aligns with your dreams and goals for the year ahead. Or try out all three! Available starting January 13
– Download your beautiful customizable declaration for free. Or better yet, order one beautifully printed, shipped straight to you and ready to be used on February 4. Keep it somewhere special to remind you of your goal all year long.
– Shop our new Strength Collection packed with apparel and accessories that will complement your goal-getting. We especially recommend the new She Kept Going journal, with Mel’s beautiful poem on the cover and thoughtful prompts inside. Collection launches January 13
– Grab our new collection of free digital goodies to share on social media or save in your favorite digital spaces. Link coming soon!
– Be sure to share your plans or excitement on social media. Tag @fellowflowers or use #DeclareItDay.
– Join us on the #FFCrew page on February 4 and throughout your goal-chasing journey. The support of this group is the best!
Let’s talk goals …
Why do goals matter? Because they offer an invitation to our potential. They require us to write down our dreams and they create opportunities for growth.
So saying a goal out loud and writing it down seems relatively simple, right?
Here’s what we know from talking with thousands of you over the past few years: It’s the why you are doing it, the what self-doubts you must overcome and the how you will get it done that is the real work, both physically and mentally.
Here are some helpful tips on mapping out your goals:
– Consider your comfort zone. If where you currently are (in life, in running, in work, whatever) isn’t working or you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed or distracted, take a step back and assess your comfort zone. You might be in the rut, the routine of ‘this is what I do and this is what I know.’ Sometimes, if we evaluate this space BEFORE leaping into anything new, we get our best lessons. You don’t have to reach for the stars, but we encourage you to step out of your comfort zone, rut or routine, even if it’s just one step.
– Address your fears head on. When we quit hiding and start working with our fears, the braver we get. You may have to challenge some old ways of thinking, habits that hook you out of progress, and anxieties that talk you out of doing the work required.
– Make it about you. What do YOU want for 2023? Don’t chase someone else’s dream or goal, and most certainly do NOT do what someone else believes is good for you. Focus on what you need instead of making comparisons. Who cares if someone next to you is chasing something big? If your needs are different, own it. This is your story to write!
– Create accountability partners. Who is in your celebration circle? Who has a seat in your #girlsquad? These are the people who will cheer you on, celebrate your wins and have your back throughout the journey.
– Give yourself milestone dates. If that scares you, think of them more as rest stops along the journey when you assess how you’re doing. Do you need more support? Do you need to re-evaluate? Do you need to work harder? Resist being vague as to protect yourself from potential failure. Be specific.
– How will you celebrate the little wins? The end goal will be amazingly gratifying, but also consider how you will celebrate the journey of little wins along the way.
– You can have more than one goal, but consider how they support your bigger story. If you are struggling to narrow down a ton of possibilities or simply feeling overwhelmed, ask yourself: When I look back on 2023, what will my story be for this year? After you write out the goals you want to accomplish in 2023 — big or small — identify the one that is your first domino to fall. There is often a high-leverage goal that is sort of the lynchpin that makes all the other goals easier and more possible. (HINT: It may not the most fun or glamorous one.) Start here, and allow everything else to be icing on the cake.