Maybe it’s her very first race or maybe she is going for a new PR or maybe she has a Boston qualifier in her sites. All you want to do is tell her how proud you are of her effort! Except most often, getting those inspirational words to her during her race is nearly impossible.
Introducing, Motigo, a new app designed to deliver personalized audio messages to your favorite runners (automatically) during their race so they can #runLOVED.
Seriously. How freaking cool is this?!?! As a runner, you can receive personalized messages from everyone who has been part of your journey WHILE you are running. As a supporter, you get to inspire and cheer on your runner through their race day miles. We’ve decided this is the best new app for women runners, and here our five reasons why.
- It’s waaaaay easier and more reliable than penning a written message and sending it off with a white dove. The technology of this app is pretty slick. All you need is an iPhone (and very, very soon, Android). You sign up and find their event, select your runner and when you want your cheer played, record your message, purchase and send.
- You can select the MOMENT you want your friend to hear their message. So if she’s running her first 5K, you can plant your message at three miles and tell her ‘You are about to crush this finish line and I’m so incredibly proud of you!’ Or if your friend is running a marathon and you know mile 20 is the big wall, leave her a funny and lighthearted joke or story. It’ll make her laugh and temporarily forget she wants to curl up in a ball on the side of the road.
- It’s a way to feel loved. As a runner, you can ask all the people who have supported you along the way to leave you a message of support. Imagine the power of hearing a loved one’s voice – maybe a husband, your little kiddo, a parent or a dear friend. The only downside is making sure you don’t lose your sh*t and start uncontrollably crying. (Maybe give the oversharers in your crew some boundaries on how ‘deep’ their messages can be?)
- If you live halfway across the country, you still get to cheer your friend on. Honestly, this part captured our hearts. Some of our dearest friends don’t live near us, and knowing that we can still be ‘in stride and in spirit’ with them is pretty awesome.
- The creators of this app are hands down some of the coolest people we have ever met. How did we meet? So glad you asked! While in Memphis, Tennessee, we met Dan and Celeste in a hotel courtesy van en route to our tour at St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Amidst a busy expo and race weekend, they were making time to learn about the mission of St. Jude. During our morning together, we exchanged stories and realized very quickly working together would be a DREAM. Working with people who are trying to make a positive impact in the running space is always our goal, and this husband and wife team have their hearts in the right place.
Want to test it out? Let US cheer you on for the Fiercely United Virtual Run!!! (We’ve recorded messages for you and we can’t wait for you to hear them.) We may have even planted some fun giveaways to be picked at random and hear that you’ve won during your run. How it works:
- Download Motigo on your iPhone
- Find and select your event. (We’re easy to find, trust us. Just type in “Fellow Flowers Fiercely United Virtual Run” and it’ll pop up!)
- Select your overall distance (5K, 13.1 and 26.2 relay)
- Invited friends and family to record a message for you
- Get your race day music playlist ready! You can do this using whatever music/running apps you like
- On August 29th as you head out for your run, put in your headphones and select ‘Start Event.’ Our cheers will play automatically during your run
- ROCK YOUR FIERCELY UNITED MILES!
So lets hear it – who do you want hear cheer you on during your race? Tag them or send them this blog post and let them know you’d love for them to cheer you on during the Fiercely United Virtual Run!