It’s time to declare a goal that gets you feeling your very best and nudges you closer to your full potential.
Join us for Declare It Day, which kicks off this February 2 – 17, and join thousands of other women across the country (and world!) in our national day of goal setting.
Ready to get started? Sign-up below and create your social badge, download your declaration and join our Facebook group!
Check out these awesome gals & goals from last year!
Yes, we've got goal-setting gear too!
Click here to shop!
Why do goals matter? Because they offer an invitation to our potential. They require us to write down our dreams and they create opportunities for growth.
Sign up now (above) and get access to ALL your Declare It Day goodies! It's totally free and signing up takes literally 20 seconds! You will receive:
- Your beautiful declaration available in both PDF and JPG format
- Access to our custom Declare It Day social media badges designed by Motigo - You upload a photo and type in your goal and BOOM, you get a sweet image to save, share and enjoy.
- Access to custom signs, quotes and inspirational goods
- Inspirational emails sent only to those who register for Declare It Day!
- Goal setting tips and conversation starters
- Private Facebook group to share and discuss our goals!
Q: If I have participated in the past and/or you already have my email, do I still need to sign up?
A: Yes! This email list will get communications specific to Declare It Day!
Q: Why do I need to sign-up?
A: Because we want to have a meaningful conversation with our goal setting ladies this year!
Once you have your goodies, participating is EASY!
:: Be a SOLO SUPERSTAR ::
– Go for a run and contemplate the goal you want to work toward.
– Do something you love that puts you in the best mindset for goal setting.
– Write it out. Spend some time writing out all the things on your list for 2019, to see which one jumps out at you.
– Grab a glass of wine, turn up the tunes, have a dance party and write it down in the comfort of your own home.
– Print it, declare it, share it—no frills or fuss. Just getting it done #likeaboss.
:: Gather Your TRIBE ::
– Get some friends together at a coffee shop, sip and talk through your goals for the year ahead. Bring books and quotes that might help get things started. (We recommend How to Live a Good Life by Jonathan Fields, The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte, Rising Strong by Brene Brown and Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.)
– Get in some miles with your runner friends. Everyone takes their turn talking about a goal for the year ahead. (And while they are talking, they set the pace, ha!)
– Host ladies for mimosas, brunch or a low key gathering at your house; Keep it simple and just hang like you always do—while setting some goals!
– Go out for an easy and fun lunch or dinner somewhere. Huddle around a table, enjoy the conversation and laughter, sip on a beverage and create a meaningful space where women can be themselves and share.
– Glam it up. Celebrate in style. Get fancy and sip martinis. Just as long as a goal gets declared as well!
:: Make it an EVENT ::
– If you have a large group and you want to go big, by all means go for it! Grab a space, send out invites, make it fun and go for it!
– Host a big ol’ party at your house.
– Convince a local running store, yoga studio, or gym to let you take part of it over for the day! Create a special class, special or workout just for Declare It Day attendees.
– Partner with a local women’s group or organization and make it fun day for everyone!
WHAT TO DECLARE
Okay, so saying a goal out loud and writing it down seems relatively simple, right?
Here’s what we know from talking with thousands of you over the past few years: It’s the why you are doing it, the what self-doubts you must overcome, and the how you will get it done that is the real work, both physically and mentally.
Helpful tips on mapping out your goals:
– Consider your comfort zone – If where you currently are (in life, in running, in work, whatever) isn’t working or you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed or distracted, take a step back and assess your comfort zone. You might be in the rut, the routine of ‘this is what I do and this is what I know.’ Sometimes, if we evaluate this space BEFORE leaping into anything new, we get our best lessons. You don’t have to reach for the stars, but we encourage you to step out of your comfort zone, rut or routine, even if it’s just one step.
- Address your fears head on. When we quit hiding and start working with our fears, the braver we get. You may have to challenge some old ways of thinking, habits that hook you out of progress, and anxieties that talk you out of doing the work required.
– Make it about you. What do YOU want for 2019? Don’t chase someone else’s dream or goal, and most certainly do NOT do what someone else believes is good for you. Focus on what you need instead of making comparisons. Who cares if someone next to you is chasing something big—if your needs are different, own it. This is your story to write!
– Create accountability partners. Who is in your celebration circle? Who has a seat in your #girlsquad? These are the people who will cheer you on, celebrate your wins and have your back throughout the journey.
– Give yourself milestone dates. If that scares you, think of them more as rest stops along the journey when you assess how you’re doing. Do you need more support? Do you need to re-evaluate? Do you need to work harder? Resist being vague as to protect yourself from potential failure. Be specific.
– How will you celebrate the little wins? The end goal will be amazingly gratifying, but also consider how you will celebrate the journey of little wins along the way.
– You can have more than one goal, but consider how they support your bigger story. If you are struggling to narrow down a ton of possibilities or simply feeling overwhelmed, ask yourself: When I look back on 2018, what will my story be for this year? After you write out all of the goals you want to accomplish in 2019—big or small—identify the one that is your first domino to fall. There is often a high-leverage goal that is sort of the lynchpin that makes all the other goals easier and more possible. (HINT: It may not the most fun or glamours one.) Start here, and allow everything else to be icing on the cake.
Alright, you ready? Sign up and let's do this!