Declare It Day is February 6th and we are so excited to watch as women from all over the world participate and declare a goal for the year ahead. Participating is simple – download your beautiful (and free) declaration starting Feb 1st on our website, write out your goal and join in the fun as women share on our virtual event page.
But first, let’s just get one thing cleared up …
your goal does NOT have to be about running. It can be about anything and this year, we are encouraging women to focus on the areas of their lives that need nurturing, nudging and empowered change. DID is about creating an actionable commitment to breakthrough into your best self, whether that is crossing a finish line or starting a different kind of personal journey.
Declare a goal that matters to YOU.
And if you’re wondering how you can participate, here are 10 examples to get you thinking! Once you’ve printed your declaration, decide how to declare any way that works for you! Let it be easy and let it be fun! Then, visit our national virtual Facebook page to share and high-five all the other women declaring with you. It’s that simple!
- Go for a run, contemplate your goal and think about why it matters to you.
- Grab a glass of wine, turn up the tunes, have a dance party and write down your goals in the comfort of your own home.
- Print it, declare it, share it – no frills or fuss. Just getting it done #likeaboss.
- Gather with some friends at a coffee shop, sip and talk through your goals for the year ahead. Bring some books and quotes that might help prompt conversation and get things started. (We recommend The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte, Rising Strong by Brene Brown and Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.)
- Fun run/walk/activity with your runner friends. Everyone takes a turn talking about their goal for the year ahead. (And while they are talking, they set the pace, ha!)
- Host ladies for mimosas, brunch, happy hour or a low key gathering at your house; Keep it simple and just hang like you always do.
- Easy and fun lunch or dinner somewhere. Huddle around a table, enjoy the conversation and laughter, sip on a beverage and create a meaningful space where women can be themselves and share.
- Glam it up. Celebrate in style. Get fancy and sip martinis. Just as long as a goal gets declared as well!
- Ask a local running store, yoga studio or gym to let you take part of it over for the day! Create a special class, special or workout just for Declare It Day attendees.
- Partner with a local women’s group or organization and make it fun day for everyone!
For now, start thinking about your goal for 2016! Wondering where to start? Check out our tips for declaring goals that matter.
Mel + Tori
P.S. Live near Madison or Marquette? Feel free to join Mel and Tori at their events on February 6th! Learn more here.