Along with avocados being a must have, must do, must eat in our diets, mangos have also made a roaring comeback when it comes to popular health food and good eats. They’re also ripe and in season, so they’re the perfect summer treat as a snack or side.
You know what makes them even more delicious? Slicing them up and pairing them with an avocado!
This recipe, the second in my Avoca-DO’s of Summer (see the first recipe here!), is super low on prep time and high on taste. I felt like a top-notch chef when I put it together. And, as food presentation goes, it looked so pretty! The bold and juicy flavor of the mango pairs perfectly with the creamy texture of the avocado (and let’s be honest, avocados don’t really taste that great alone).
This dish literally took minutes to make, and it was a perfect summer snack. I could also see making a lot more of it, cutting it in small chunks, and using as a side salad to chicken or fish. Try it. You’ll like it.
1. Slice up half an avocado into sections
2. Peel and slice half a mango into sections
3. Lay both the avocado and mango slices out on a plate (alternating as you go)
4. Splash a little flavored vinegar of choice on top (I used golden pineapple, but pear, mango, coconut or dark balsamic would all be amazing)
5. Dash with a little sea salt and pepper. Voilà!
Couldn’t have been easier to make if I’d put it together myself. Oh wait, I did put it together myself! Enjoy ladies, and let us know what you think in the comments below or what you may have added to put your own twist on this so I can try it next time too!