It all started with a conversation between girlfriends (doesn’t everything?) and from there Declare It Day became a national movement – one founded on inclusivity and empowerment and one that celebrates the journey of chasing a goal, dream or aspiration.
It was January when we were boarding a flight to Phoenix. We were comparing our stack of magazines for the long cross-country flight, and couldn’t help but laugh at the covers. They were littered with resolution success secrets, weight-loss tricks and superficial ‘how-to’s’ – and we had to wonder, “Is this seriously all there is?”
Shouldn’t we have something a bit more realistic and inspiring for women who want to commit and work toward their goals?”
We wanted more. We wanted to create a space where women could set goals and feel empowered – not intimidated – by the process. We wanted goals with meaning and substance, where the ‘why’ behind setting them was just as important as the goal itself. We wanted fun and laughter to combat the nervous butterflies that come with stepping out of a comfort zone. We wanted fierce inclusivity, virtual high fives and celebration. We wanted to eliminate the stereotypes that keep women from stepping in, and we were committed to crushing the vicious silos that prevent women from connecting with each other. We wanted a space for women’s voices to be heard, validated and celebrated.
And so #DeclareItDay was born. In it’s first year, 1,000 women declared goals and last year, more than 4,000 women throughout the world joined our goal-setting vision. This year we’re ready to set an even bigger milestone than even we can imagine. Why? Because we believe every woman deserves to speak from their souls, listen to the whispers of possibility, crush excuses and boldly and bravely declare a goal for the year ahead.
We’re determined to make Declare It Day 2015 the most EPIC yet. Here’s a sneak peak into a few of the fun things we have up our sleeves:
- Inspiring stories from Fellow Flowers on their Declare It Day journeys featured exclusively on the blog
- #DeclareItDay Twitter chats to invigorate your goal setting journey (more on this soon)
- Fun in-person Declare It Day events held in cities across the nation
- Exclusive new Declare It Day gear (coming soon)
But here’s the catch, we can’t do it without you. Are you ready? We know you are, and we believe in you so here are a few steps to get you started!
- Get your #DeclareItDay declaration
- Join the national Declare It Day Facebook event
- Find and RSVP for a live #DeclareItDay event in your area
- Stay tuned to the blog for updates on our chats, exclusive gear, inspiring stories and more
- Tell your friends and encourage them to come along for the journey (we even have some sample social posts here)!
- Mark your calendars and join the conversation on our #DeclareItDay Twitter chats (we have some awesome guests lined up, coming soon to the blog!)
- Tuesday, 1/20: Exploring common traps and barriers to pursuing goals & how to overcome them!
- Sunday, 1/25: How to set your goals, stay motivated & crush them!
Why are you looking forward to #DeclareItDay 2015?